At Thamina solicitors, our mental health solicitors provide advice and representation for patients and families on all aspect of detention, treatment and the individual rights under the Mental Health Act 1983 as well as that we can also represent our clients at the Mental Health Tribunal hearing and Hospital Managers meetings.
Our solicitor’s extensive knowledge allows them to provide the exact advice tailored to each individual case, which is handled with, complete confidentiality, sensitivity and understanding.
Our solicitors extensive knowledge and experience allows them to be able to provide advice and representation in all the section under the Mental Health Act including:
- Section 2 detention for assessment and treatment
- Section 3 detention for treatment
- Section 7 Guardianship
- Section 17 A Community Treatment Orders
- Section 37 Hospital Orders and Section 47/49 transfer from prison with restrictions
- Section 38, 48 and 45 A
- Advice on unlawful detention including applications for a wit of Habeas Corpus
- Representation at the Mental Health Tribunal and Hospital Managers Meetings
- Advice on proceeding to displace a Nearest relative
- Significant expertise in advising on complex forensic cases in the high secure hospital estate.
- Appeals to the Upper Tribunal of decisions by the Mental Health Tribunal
- Advice on Neared relative powers
- Working with independent experts to examine and present medial, forensic and scientific evidence
- Advice on after care following discharge form hospital